Before I go on: PLEASE vote for me on the Biscoff Facebook page! I’m VERY behind! ENDS TODAY!
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CLICK VOTE! EVERY VOTE COUNTS! :D THANK YOU!!
First you bake a red velvet cake (from box or from scratch - mine was from scratch).
Fill it with cream cheese frosting and stack it!
Cover the cake in almond buttercream and top with ganache for a cool drip effect.
Oh! Don’t forget the meringue ghosts to decorate the cake!
The air bubbles created their own mouths… which I filled in with chocolate.
The mustache one is my favorite!
You can also decorate it with candy corns - I think they look like teeny gravestones.
I also made cupcake versions. Adorable and perfect for individual servings.
Layered Red Velvet + Cream Cheese Frosting + Chocolate Ganache
"Dude you don’t look so good"
"You have NO idea what I’ve been through"
* I almost didn’t upload anything because I was losing daylight fast and most of my photos were either taken with my iPhone or with poor lighting. (The cupcakes were shot the day after) BUT this cake was so cute I couldn’t keep it to myself*
All recipes make enough for 1 six-inch two tiered cake and a dozen cupcakes.
Cream Cheese Frosting
8 oz. cream cheese (cold, straight out of the refrigerator)
5 tablespoons butter (softened)
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 c. powdered sugar (sifted after measuring)
1. Combine cream cheese, butter and vanilla until combined and smooth.
2. Gradually add 2 cups of powdered sugar.
8 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 cup half-and-half
1. In a microwave oven safe bowl, place chocolate, corn syrup, and half and half.
2. Microwave for one minute and stir. If not smooth, work in 15 second batches until desired smoothness.
3. Cool slightly before spreading over cake to get drip effect.
Almond Vanilla Buttercream
This is enough for just the cake (I did not use it on the cupcakes).
8 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened)
3-4 cups confectioner’s sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1. Mix 3 cups of confectioner’s sugar, butter, milk, vanilla and almond extract until smooth.
2. Gradually add remaining cup of confectioner’s sugar until desired thickness is reached.
Happy Halloween!! :D